Skybet

Thursday 18 September 2008

Celtic vs Aalborg


Last night was a disappointing night for everyone connected with Celtic football club. Although I think that we are a victim of our own success at home.

Last night the script said that we were to hammer the danish opposition with some ease, but as you know, football doesn't always work like that. Watching the daily huddle last night with John Collins and Peter Latchford, it would seem that everyone had the same view, Celtic were dead certs for a result. I had a the back of my mind that we are unstoppable at home, and that perhaps we were due a bad result. Ok barca have beaten us twice at home, but that's it. No other team in the champions league has even drawn with us at home.

I think a little complacency slipped into the Celtic play last night, there was a massive midfield battle going on for the majority of the game. The defence and especially Artuc Boruc had very little to do. We had most of the possession and pressure, but we never done anything with it.

I thought Samaras had a good game up front, however Scott MacDonald wasn't really buzzing around as he usually is. Naka was fairly quiet in the first half, but started to come onto a game in the second.

I was a little surprised the exclusion of McGeady. I know that Maloney has played well the last couple of games, however McGeady has also been on fire this season and last season. I though Strachan would have gone with McGeady. Although in saying this, I did think Maloney played well, perhaps overdoing it at times when he could be whipping the ball into the box.

Scott Brown played Ok, I though, I certainly think that we have not seen the best of this young man, I watched him when he was at hibs and he was immense, I think he can replicate this at Celtic, but he needs games and confidence. I would urge fans to get behind him and show him some encouragement.

No comments: